1.09.2014

the best-laid plans



Happy Thursday/Almost Friday/First Outfit Post of 2014! 








I know I promised a million years ago (see this post) that I would post my birthday outfit, which later also became my Christmas dinner outfit #noshame. Well, I'm happy to say that today I finally made good on my promise! Yay! I stumbled upon this dress in the sale rack at Urban Outfitters while shopping one day after work with my sister. The funny thing about the whole day was that, in an effort to save my sister money on her bus fare, we decided to walk back home from work, only to end up spending way more than the $1.50 bus ticket. Our original plan was to make a quick stop at Peet's Coffee for some hot cocoa with lots of whipped cream (of course) to keep us warm. But who were we kidding? One mention of Otto's pizza, located across the street from Peet's Coffee, was all it took for me to scrap our original plan.

After our initial distractions, we took a quick peek into TJ Maxx and a much longer peek into Urban Outfitters, and then finally reached our final destinationhome. For someone who likes plans, deviating from our original schedule that night was a good and necessary reminder that not everything goes according to plan, and that some of the best and most fun memories happen when you let yourself live in the moment. Besides the myriad of other things on my self-improvement list, learning to live in the now and less in the future is one of them. Plus, it doesn't hurt that I ended the walk home with a cute dress and a pair of leather gloves!


XO,
Kimiko


_______________________________
coat: zara (similar)
dress: urban outfitters 
boots: old navy (similar)
tights: gap
jewelry: j. crew, gucci
lips: bobbi brown rose blossom
nails: essie mind your mittens



Photography by Paul Hatfield.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...