5.16.2013

Cool Colors: Florals


HIIIII! I can't believe it's been a week since my last post! The past week has been a combination of crazy, fun, stress, and nerdiness. As I said last Thursday, my weekend was full of exciting events. Friday consisted of delicious gluten free pasta at Davio's, and being serenaded by Annie Lennox at the Berklee concert. Oh, Willie Nelson and Carole King were there too, no biggie :) Then the main event: Paul's graduation! Yay! I definitely didn't mind having an excuse to dress up two days in a row.





Dress: Anthropologie (old), Coat: J.Crew, Cardigan: J. Crew, Bag: Kate Spade, Shoes: BCBG Generation, Jewelry: J. Crew, BaubleBar, Lips: Sephora Mr. Lover, Nails: Essie Geranium 

Unfortunately, the fun ended, and the work started on Sunday, when it was time to write a final paper (hence, the stress and nerdiness) for the neurobiology of drug addiction class that I started taking in February. The class was really interesting, and definitely opened my eyes to not only the social, but biological complexities that surrounding all types of addiction. Check out this book by David J. Linden if you want to learn more about drug addiction. He does a great job making the neurobiology of addiction accessible to everybody, regardless of their background in science. Okay…enough geeking out for one post! Let’s talk flowers...

This floral dress is one of my favorites because I can wear it all year round. Since the floral pattern is made up of cool colors, it’s the perfect way for someone who might be afraid of bold prints to ease their way into it. I also love that how the flowers look like they were painted with watercolors. But since it’s spring, I decided to brighten up the dress with a pop of pink and some gold jewelry. Also, I should warn you now; I’m obsessed with this coat from J. Crew. It’s my go-to spring coat because it’s the perfect weight for these sunny yet cool days, and it goes with practically everything in my closet. Anybody else have a go-to piece for spring or summer?!

Happy Thursday!



Photos by Paul Hatfield

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...