12.20.2013

flower child meet wild child



Whew, I made it! I don't know about you, but the past two weeks have been rough. I'm not sure if it's traveling through multiple time zones in a short period time or working all day, everyday since I got back to Boston, but I've been feeling a bit out of sorts lately. Luckily, I'm on my way back home to California tonight, and there is nothing that can't be cured by time with your loved ones and holiday cheer. I may or may not have learned that lesson from a movie. Ahem, The Grinch Who Stole Christmas. 






This is yet another collaboration with my sister's closet! Can you blame me though? It's impossible to pass up the opportunity to temporarily expand your wardrobe for a few months. Unlike Wednesday's post, I decided to combine two very distinctly different patterns: classic animal print and bold flowers reminiscent of the 60's mod era. In some ways, this outfit made me step out of my comfort zone, but in other ways it didn't, since I was still in one of my Fall uniforms: jeans and a sweater. But that's what I like most about fashion: there is always room to step out of your normal style, shake things up, and challenge your creativity.



_________________________
coat: zara
sweater: forever 21
jeans: free people
boots: bandolino
watch: timex



Photos by Karina. Edited by Paul Hatfield.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...