3.19.2014

chasing the horizon



What do you do when you think you've reached the horizon? Keep on going, my friend.





One of the major things early explorers discovered was that the world is round, and not flat like people had long believed. Upon reaching the horizon, their ships didn't stop, but instead kept right on sailing. When I learned about this in elementary school, I remember being perplexed at the explorers' confusion and thinking that they were silly for believing that the world was flat in the first place. 

Of course, it’s easy to scoff at their mistakes when you grow up knowing that not only is the world round, but it’s also part of a solar system with several other round planets. But even with the wealth of knowledge at our fingertips, I still find that it’s easy to fall prey to the same mistakes as the early explorers, and think that at some point I will reach my own horizon, and find my life boring. But in reality, that couldn't be farther from the truth. There is no tangible limit to my interests or my desire to experience and know more. I was born with an insatiable hunger for knowledge and life experiences, no matter how small or seemingly insignificant they are to other people.


I will always be a horizon chaser, all while secretly hoping that I never actually reach it.



__________________________________
jacket: forever 21
shirt: j.crew (old)
pants: j.crew
boots: enzo angiolini



No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...